Nominations for $5,000 STEM awards now open.
High Achieving Year 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander STEM students are encouraged to apply for the 2019 Peter Doherty STEM awards.
Awards are offered across the following 6 categories:
- Outstanding Senior STEM Student Awards
- Outstanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Senior STEM Student Awards
- Outstanding Teacher of STEM Awards
- Outstanding STEM Support Officer Awards
- STEM Education Partnership Awards
- Outstanding School STEM Awards
2019 marks the 16th year of the awards named after Professor Peter Doherty, a Brisbane-born Nobel Prize-winning scientist who was educated at Indooroopilly State High School and the University of Queensland.
Nominations close on 28 March 2019, with winners announced at an awards presentation ceremony on 9 August 2019.
For further information on how to apply, visit the Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education page.